Hi, I'm Nobu and these are some of my favorite songs~a never ending mixtape. Dance, slam, chill...hell, click your fingers while kickin' back in the futon, if that's what you're into. And, YES, buy the music! Support the band! Liner notes, record jackets and smokey clubs ARE cool!

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Alex Soria 1966-2004

Sorry to start off the new year with a sad note, but I just found out that Alex Soria of Montreal, Canada's Nils passed away last month. This goes out to him and his loved ones...what a great song.



Nils
Daylight
Sell Out Young 12" EP
Psyche Industry 1985

You can get the discography CD that Mag Wheel put out here from Interpunk.
Alex Soria remembered here and here.

Endnote
1. On a lighter note, Bruce Wingate (ex. Adrenalin O.D.) emailed with comments about recording for the Party Or Go Home compilation.
The night we recorded for it was my first night as a member of ADRENALIN OD. (Though we all had played together previously in various incarnations). We recorded the track in some hippie's basement in Lodi, New Jersey and in a harbinger of things to come I stepped in a pile of dogshit on my way in the door! I suspect all Mystic records were made this way.
Thank you Mr. Wingate! Check out Bruce's current band, Brunch Mummies! And his blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home