Hi, I'm Nobu and these are some of my favorite songs~a never ending mixtape. Dance, slam, chill...hell, click your fingers while kickin' back in the futon, if that's what you're into. And, YES, buy the music! Support the band! Liner notes, record jackets and smokey clubs ARE cool!

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

A Penguin with a Backpack!



Eleki Buran
Cauliflower
ZK Samplers comp CD
ZK 1992

Surfers Of Romantica
Bo Bo 67
ZK Samplers comp CD
ZK 1992

I (kinda) remember going to the release show/party for this compilation, at a club in Yoyogi. To tell you the truth, Eleki Buran was the only band I truly remember (hey, you have to like...socialize, ya know!) They were pretty awesome; a female rhythm section and some dude on vocals/guitar...I totally fell in love with this song. UK-ish shoegazer/pop? With a Japanese edge?

Don't remember if Surfers Of Romantica (or Yu, Sunshine Superscum, UFO Or Die, Gazi...any of the other great bands on the CD) played. But the Surfers tune is pretty kool...Japanoise+US hardcore+an Eye fetish.

Endnotes
1. Please don't ask why I'm posting at 6:30 AM. It's been a long day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home