Hi, I'm Nobu and these are some of my favorite songs~a never ending mixtape. Dance, slam, chill...hell, click your fingers while kickin' back in the futon, if that's what you're into. And, YES, buy the music! Support the band! Liner notes, record jackets and smokey clubs ARE cool!

Monday, October 25, 2004

So dark...



Julee Cruise
Into The Night
Twin Peaks soundtrack CD (buy)
Warner Brothers 1990

We have been watching Twin Peaks on video for the last few weeks...I think I've got Kana hooked. I mean, what's not to like? Bizarre storyline, some truly memorable and fucked up characters (remember the Log Lady? Nadine?) and some great music.
This tune (written by Angelo Badalamenti/lyrics by the man himself, David Lynch) is pretty much like the series itself: dark, dreamy and mysterious.

Bonus song!



The Wedding Present
Falling
Hit Parade I CD (buy)
RCA 1992

Another Cruise/Badalamenti/Lynch collaboration for the series, covered by Gedge and co for the b-side of their Silver Shorts 7". Compiled on the Hit Parade I CD. Good stuff, enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home