Hi, I'm Nobu and these are some of my favorite songs~a never ending mixtape. Dance, slam, chill...hell, click your fingers while kickin' back in the futon, if that's what you're into. And, YES, buy the music! Support the band! Liner notes, record jackets and smokey clubs ARE cool!

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Hardcore Friday

A two second long blast to a five minute sludge-fest. Sweat. Stage diving to an empty floor. Bruises. Cuts. Spikes. Fights. Drinking. Skinheads. 7"s. 12"s. RECORDS! Fanzines. The "scene". Maximum Rock'N'Roll. Enemies. Friends.

This is Hardcore.

Friday's tunes will be hardcore.

Why?

1. Punk and hardcore was the music I grew up on in my later teenage years. 30, 40, 50, years from now, Gauze, DRI, Rites of Spring, SIC, Husker Du, FVK, Ill Repute, RKL, Lip Cream; even Los Crudos and Constantine Sankathi, will be a part of my heart.

2. Nothing compares to getting a hand written letter from Mr. Chi Pig (SNFU) and Kurt from DRI when you are like, 16.

3. I was, like, so into the idea of punk. You know. Kids making music. Kids into change. Kids fucking shit up.

It's sort of sad how those ideals die out when you get a job.

(4). I have totally swiped this idea from The Mystical Beast's "No Wave Friday".

Sorry.



Scream
Solidarity
Still Screaming
Dischord 1982

From the outskirts of DC. One of my top five hardcore songs. Like a friend of mine told me,
"How can you go wrong with a chorus of 'It's just a love story/Solidarity!'"

Yes.

Years before Dave Grohl joined.


Endnotes
1. Check the latest Maximum Rock'N'Roll Radio Show for current hc/punk. Some of it is actually good. Go here.
2. Kill From The Heart. Best site for eighties hc/punk. Loads of info.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home