Hi, I'm Nobu and these are some of my favorite songs~a never ending mixtape. Dance, slam, chill...hell, click your fingers while kickin' back in the futon, if that's what you're into. And, YES, buy the music! Support the band! Liner notes, record jackets and smokey clubs ARE cool!

Sunday, May 16, 2004

How's it going?

I'm Nobu. And these are some of my favorite songs.

Big Boys "What's The Word?"

Before !!!, before The Rapture, these Texans were teaching the indie kids to dance. From 30 second hardcore hits to Kool And The Gang covers, the Big Boys were a huge part of the soundtrack of my teenage skatepunk years. Rumored to have been a great live band. Ian MacKaye says it best (recalling, a Minor Threat/Big Boys/Dicks show from the liner notes of The Skinny Elvis out on Touch And Go):
...but it was nothing compared to the way I felt when the next band went onstage-the almighty Big Boys. I felt humiliated, how could we play after this? The Big Boys pulled out all stops. More enormous men, decorated jump suits, food props, great songs, a horn section, 200 friends on stage singing and dancing...we were fucked. We made it through our set, maybe it was a good one, I can't recall. I only remember the other bands. The next year we came back to Austin and did it right-we opened for the Big Boys. The way it should be.

This track is from The Fat Elvis compilation, also out from Touch And Go. Originally on the No Matter How Long The Line Is At The Cafeteria, There's Always A Seat! LP (Enigma/1984).

ちは。ようこそ。のぶです。聴いてくれ!

!!!、Raptureとかよりやっぱこれ。Big Boys。テキサス。ハードコアからふぁんく。イアンもぬれた。ライブみたかった!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home